This Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Shells is a great comfort food recipe. It is full of flavor, protein, and even a serving of veggies. It will leave you and your family full! It can be made in about 30 minutes. These creamy pasta recipe will be a family favorites for sure.
A meal the whole family can agree on can be hard to come by, but this one definitely makes the cut. Better yet, it’s easy to make and if you happen to already have some cooked chicken sitting in the fridge or freezer then you’ve got a meal in no time.
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
How To Make It
- Step 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place spaghetti in the pot, and cook 4 minutes. Mix in the broccoli florets. Continue cooking 4 to 6 minutes, until spaghetti is al dente. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2 Melt the margarine in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken and onion 5 minutes, until chicken juices run clear and onions are tender.
- Step 3 In a bowl, whisk together the soup, milk, water, and cream cheese until smooth. Stir into the skillet with the chicken and onion, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Toss in the bowl with the spaghetti and broccoli to serve.