Traditional Southern Fried Chicken Recipe that your family will love. Gather around for special family meals with crispy golden brown fried chicken that is perfectly seasoned with this tried and true recipe.
A delicious crispy breading on the outside with a juicy and flavorful middle is what Southern Fried Chicken is all about. It’s the kind of finger licking, the kind of comfort food that appeals to all. Serve it with your choice home-style sides and wash it all in your mouth with a cup of sweet tea.
- 2 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
How to make it :
- Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Combine the flour with the garlic salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika in a big plastic bag.
- Put the chicken in the bag, seal it and shake to coat it.
- Dip the flour-coated chicken in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 365 degrees F. Brown the chicken on all sides in the hot oil.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and give the chicken another half an hour or until it is cooked through.
- Drain it on paper towels and serve.